Thursday, April 2, 2009



Yesterday I received a treasure chest in the mail.

It was from a dear woman, Ethel, who happens to be my brother-in-law's mother.
When my mom passed away in 1998, all of my mom's sewing supplies were given to Ethel as she is a professional seamstress and would make good use of them.
I didn't sew then...had little interest in it. And truthfully, I didn't even know where my mom's things had ended up until just a few weeks ago. Ethel found out that I now love to sew and emailed me telling me to expect a box in the mail.

So yesterday I got a huge box full of supplies that were once my mother's.
And my grandmothers.
My grandmother was a fantastic seamstress and when she passed away in 1987, her supplies went to my mother.

I am thrilled to have theses items... many vintage.







Who loves buttons? Apparently my mom and grandma did!

Tomorrow I plan on contacting someone to see about getting a necklace and earring set made from some of the buttons.

I feel so blessed and thankful for this sweet gift. It was so kind of Ethel to think of me in this way!

1 comment:

  1. My grandmother has a sewing 'room' - it's huge - we do all of our crafting in there! So seeing these items is like a reminder of what we find in the lost drawers of it. The buttons for one...whew - I can't tell you how many containers and tins are filled with buttons! Oh well - they come in handy - I know that first hand - I've popped a button here or there!

    ReplyDelete