Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I started exercising a few months back.
I have been hesitant to share this with you because making it "public" means I have to actually go thru with it, but I set a goal a few months back to loose 25 lbs. And I gave myself the entire year to meet this goal! :)
So far: 10 lbs down and 15 to go.
I alternate jogging with walking a few days a week and occasionally you will find me huffing and puffing around the neighborhood on my Wal~Mart bicycle.
I am not an exercise kind of girl. Not since high school anyway. Let's face it, lumbering down the street, my sports bra-clad-mono-boob bouncing all the way is not really my idea of fun. And it can be rather depressing when your workout attire is your old maternity warm up pants. (Not kidding).
But I am feeling better already. And I am proud of myself for getting out there and doing something to be healthier and get active.
.
I found a list of random activities and how many calories each one burns.
.
You may be interested to know that a 150 lb person can burn 90 calories by cooking for 30 minutes. So if you are cooking brownies, you could eat about a 1/4 of a brownie and break even.
.
15 Minutes of ironing and you'll have lost another 38.
.
30 Minutes of talking on the phone~ Wow! 36 burned
.
15 Minute shower? 72 down!
.
Maybe I am getting more exercise than I thought!!!!
.

2 comments:

  1. that's great - I like that cooking brownies will burn off a few bites of one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, you go girl! thats great...I have two teenagers so I am getting up there in years and I still take dance one day a week for 2 hours..thats my exercise..I am also trying get a good 10 pounds off, its not easy anymore..hang in there and thanks for the info..I may have to make more brownies..lol

    ReplyDelete