Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Out of the mouths of.....Lucas!



Yesterday I got an order from a lady in France. So I headed to the post office ~ as did everyone else in The Woodlands. The line was all the way to the front door and Lucas and I ended up waiting in line about 30 minutes. Behind me was an older man who was completely engrossed in Lucas, watching his every move. In front of me was the UnaBomber's twin.

"Mommy, why do you have 2 bumps?"
If you know me in person, you aren't surprised that I didn't know what he was talking about.

"Is that just the way that girls are made?"
Ahh-haa!

Now I'm laughing out loud.

"Mommy, is that just the way girls are made?"

"Yes, and let's talk about this at home"


I started writing all these special little conversations down in a journal that I keep for each one of the boys. One of my favorite "special" conversations happened when Zachary was little. He asked me why I had written all over my thighs and I had to explain to him what varicose veins were.

Have a great day, everyone!


2 comments:

  1. Reminds me of when my two were little and my sister had just had her dog neutered. I had to explain the "birds and the bees" to the pair of them whilst we were out in the garden, and I swear that all the neighbours went quiet and were listening-in LOL The "best" bit was when my daughter turned to my son (they are twins) and said to him: "Sam, when you grow up you will have to put your willy inside your wife" and my son replied "oh well, that's okay, I don't mind" ~ in much the same tone of voice as if someone had asked if he would help do the washing-up or something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely write down all the cute things they say. My parents kept a journal of all the funny things my brothers and I said as kids, and it's totally priceless.

    I remember the time the little girl I was babysitting asked if I needed a band-aid for the "owies" on my face. (Acne.)

    ReplyDelete