Saturday, November 22, 2008






Yeah! I have had so much fun sewing this week! The more I sew, the more I realize that I hate using store bought patterns, and prefer to venture out on my own...seeing what I can come up with. So far, nothing earth shattering, but it is fun to know that you design and construct something that came from your own head (no matter how simple it is). So here is a yummy little lined tote bag that I am marketing as a lunch tote. It was created 2 days before I realized that it is (of course) reversible! Ha, Ha! I just love this fabric. It is so unique and green is my fav. color. I got it from a great Etsy fabric shop: adelehartlep.etsy.com She has great products and customer svc.







Another fabric supplier that I like to buy from is aliyahshopechest.etsy.com. She has some unique Ikea prints and great prices. Last time I made a purchase, I got one of her pinafore kits as well. I had no idea whether I could actually make this little outfit, but she gave me a sneak peak at the instructions before I made the purchase (thanks!). I just love how it turned out! As many of you know (are there many of you????? Stephanie and Jennifer, I think you are my only readers!!!!) I have 2 boys, so there really is no reason why I need a size 18 month pinafore, but I think I just wanted to see if I could do it. It was so much fun to make and I am hoping all my friends get pregnant with girls soon just so I can make more!
















I just purchased this gorgeous fabric and it will soon be a tote bag and baby quilt! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment