Sunday, March 16, 2014

Leopard cake

Newest cake for Bake A Wish.  This cake drove me crazy!  First, the chocolate cake I baked turned out too short for my liking, so I baked another one to create more hight.  Then ended up having to shave a bit off the top so it would fit in the cake box I purchased.  When it was time to put on the crumb coat,  I was left with the messiest, crumbiest cake I have ever worked with!  It was ridiculous! Finally I got the cake iced and the edible image on.  This morning when I got up to finish the cake, there were huge air bubbles all over(under) the edible image.  This is a first!  I popped them with a pin and rubbed the image flat, and thankfully it worked, but what a pain.  The leopard print in buttercream and I used a popular leopard cupcake tutorial that I found on Pinterest. That was the easiest part of the cake.  About 1/2 way through, Josh came into the kitchen and asked what I was making on the cake.  "Are those little pork chops?" he said!!!!  Uggh!  This cake!  I was HATING this cake! I do like the finished cake, but it is a bit wonky design wise.  The Bake A Wish kid wanted a chocolate cake with vanilla leopard print and an edible image of her photo on it.  She did NOT want any writing.  In hindsight I should have colored the white base icing light brown, but by the time I thought to do that, I was already WAY too sick of this cake and just wanted to be done!  The photos here are a bit odd, only because I can't print a photo of the child due to confidentiality issues.  ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment